Basketball is a game that favors players with superior athleticism, explosive power and quickness. Our programs are designed to improve a player’s vertical jump, explosiveness, foot speed and strength so they can elevate their game on the court.
Reactive Training and Power Development:
- 1. Improves a player’s jumping ability and lateral quickness through daily reactive training exercises like box jumps, hurdle hops and more.
- 2. Reactive training will also improve the basketball player’s explosiveness and their ability to change directions at the drop of a dime.
- 3. Incorporates power exercises that will allow the player to generate greater force more efficiently, which greatly improves jumping ability and foot speed.
- 1. Athletes perform exercises in all planes of motion. They will perform unilateral exercises to learn how to better control their bodies.
- 2. Enhanced proprioception leads to improved athleticism and heightened physical awareness on the court.
Strength and Injury Prevention:
- 1. Strength is the foundation of athleticism and power.
- 2. Players will perform various exercises to improve full body strength so they can battle for boards down low.
- 3. Because basketball is a quad dominant sport, we place extra emphasis on the development of a strong posterior chain to prevent muscular imbalance and subsequent injury.