The best hockey players possess a combination of power, strength and unparalleled balance. Therefore, our program focuses on increasing the athlete’s proprioception, as well as their strength and power output.
- 1. Players will perform unilateral exercises in multiple planes of motion and use different apparatuses.
- 2. Increases body control and stability.
- 3. These exercises will enhance skating ability and maneuverability on the ice.
- 1. Our program focuses on increasing the strength of the hockey player, especially their lower bodies and core.
- 2. Our hockey players develop a stronger base in order to maintain a lower center of gravity.
- 3. This allows them to keep their balance and absorb contract while skating.
- 1. Players will perform exercises like the one arm dumbbell snatch to increase power production, especially from the ground up.
- 2. Increases checking ability and shot power.
- 3. A hockey player delivers a check by generating power from the lower half and transferring it through the core and upper body.
- 4. Our program increases power output by optimizing muscle fiber recruitment, firing and synchronization.
Health and Injury Prevention:
- 1. Most common injuries are hip impingements and lower back problems from being in constant state of flexion.
- 2. Our training program focuses on strengthening the posterior chain and prescribes a slightly imbalanced program to ensure proper posture and muscular symmetry.